Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Duke Blue Devils


I think my, and Mr. Harbourn's, Duke Blue Devils are sneaking up on some people. I listen to a college basketball podcast and they are rarely mentioned. In the AP we are now ranked #7 and in the coaches poll we are now ranked #5. We are now 2-0 in the ACC with Boston College on top. Boston College is 3-0 and UNC is 2-0. We have four guys averaging in double figures. Nelson is averaging 14.1 ppg, Henderson 13.0 ppg, Singler 13.0 ppg, and Scheyer 10.7 ppg. King is right behind them with 9.9 ppg. That is a balanced attack and proves that we are playing as a team. We also have ten guys averaging in double digits in playing time. That is nice to see! I could go on and on with stats. I am a stat-man, but I won't bore you. I really hope we keep playing well but I hope we don't peak to early. I want to be ready for March Madness! We have three pretty tough games coming up. We have Clemson at home on Saturday, VT at VT on the 24th, and we play at Maryland on the 27th. GO BLUE DEVILS!

No comments: