Wednesday, January 23, 2008

First Student Blog Posted!

It's official. Our junior high science classes have posted their first blog. It is by four boys from my 7th hour class. We are all in the process of getting our first posts done as groups. We have around 32 groups total for this project. It has been quite a process, from the teacher's (me!) point of view. It involves a lot of organization and instruction but the kids are responding well! So far it has been a good experience for all. I am really proud of the kids and how hard they are working. Junior high kids sure have a lot to discuss and really come up with some good topics. I would say by Wednesday of next week all the groups should have their first post posted. I hope all the junior high students are enjoying this as much as I am teaching it!

By the way, I am also teaching the kids how to use Google reader and Google documents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the blog project and I hope that you will comtinue it for as long as you teach! It would be wonderful to give kids a chance to show their writing and cooperation skills! Sometimes it's a little hard to decide what to write about, but usually it comes to a conclusion. You rock, Mr. Carey!!!

Grace B.