Friday, January 11, 2008

A Day Full of Bad Choices

My son is 9 and I love him to death. He is very intelligent so that makes this story even harder to believe. He had recently lost a week of playing Gameboy and PS2 for misbehavior. He gets up this morning and argues with his mom and gets another day tacked on to that. When he is at school today he breaks his $175 retainer. I pick him and his sister up today after school and we get home and I find out he got in a little trouble at school today because he lost some homework. My wife gets home and we notice that he is upstairs. My wife goes to check on him and busts him playing his sisters Gameboy. Now he loses TV for the night and video games for a month. Now the kicker, remember I told you he broke his retainer today at school? He waited to tell us about that after he got in trouble for the "Gameboy Incident". He has to pay half of the retainer cost. Anyway, live and learn. He is a good kid but sometimes doesn't think things through...obviously!

No comments: