Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Favorite Sitcoms Ever



This is my list of favorite sitcoms of all-time. Ok, not all-time since I am only 40, but some of them are pretty old and I have only seen reruns. These are not in any particular order. “Everybody Loves Raymond”, “All In The Family”, “Roseanne”, “The Cosby Show”, “The Honeymooners” (I don’t know if this counts as a sitcom but I am counting it), “I Love Lucy”, and “Happy Days”. I love all of these for different reasons. I love “Everybody Loves Raymond” and “Roseanne” because they had the ability to take life as it really was sometimes and show you that you have to laugh at life. I think I love “The Cosby Show” and “Happy Days” because we used to watch these sitcoms as a family while I was growing up. I love “All In The Family” because it was such a bold and on-the-edge comedy. “I Love Lucy” and “The Honeymooners” remind me of the laughter of my parents while I was very little. They would show reruns of these shows all the time. So I guess these are my top seven sitcoms. What are yours? I know there are not any new sitcoms on this list but, first of all, I don’t watch that much TV any more, and secondly, I don’t really see anything on TV presently that even wants to make me watch a sitcom these days. Are good sitcoms a thing of the past? Are there good sitcoms out there that I am just missing?

No comments: