Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Break


At 2:00 p.m. today Thanksgiving Break starts! It has not felt like Thanksgiving with the weather that we have been having here in the Midwest. Things will be changing, weather-wise, soon. The change in weather should make it feel more like Thanksgiving. Turkey, football, and shopping will make up most of my Thanksgiving vacation. I am sure that video games are going to be a big part of my weekend also. My mom has a Wii and my brother is bringing his PS3. My wife is not too excited about the video game part but my son is ecstatic! Anyway, another chance to work with my new GPS and a chance to "sell" the GPS concept to my parents, whom I feel need one desperately. They do a lot of traveling and, of course, my dad sometimes has the "cro-magnon" mentality when it comes to asking for directions.

The specifics of Thanksgiving with the Carey's consist of this. It will start with a large, and I mean large, meal prepared by my mom. This year she bought a 20 pound turkey! There are only going to be 7 of us there! She is an excellent cook and we all always eat too much. The "chow-down" will be followed with mass quantities of football, along with my dad pretending to watch football, but snoring us out of the room. The kids will be wrestling around with their uncle or playing video games in the other room. When, and if, we all begin to get hungry again, my mom will start heating up leftovers (turkey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, stuffing, etc.). Friday usually consists of a lot of the same but this year my wife has had a mental lapse! She wants to go shopping on "Black Friday". Insane!!!!!!! I will go, but I still think it is insane.

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING AND BE CAREFUL IF YOU TRAVEL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr.C,
Congrats on all the turkey and potatoes and football and video games and shopping(Black Friday-Good Luck)and stuff. When I come back from Thanksgiving break, I've eaten so much people ask why Santa came early this year! I really like thanksgiving because it gives me an excuse to stay home from school, pig out while I chill out, and spend time with my family(w/ the exception of Poms(Whoopdy-doo)).Anyway, a Wii AND PS3?! I've only got a Gamecube- great now I'm really Depressed!!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! (an don't shop your brains out)
~*Kellie M.*~