Friday, November 16, 2007

Cyclone Hits Bangladesh



First of all, how many of you know the definition of what a cyclone is? I remember studying it in my earlier years but didn't remember what it was exactly. Here is the definition: a storm or system of winds that rotates about a center of low atmospheric pressure, advances at a speed of 20 to 30 miles (about 30 to 50 kilometers) an hour, and often brings heavy rain. That being said, I can't ever remember hearing about a cyclone being in the news. This particular cyclone hit Bangladesh and had 140 mph winds. It killed at least 425 people. High waves were also a problem. It said that this particular area is prone to cyclones. I guess this was just an extremely powerful one. Can you imagine being there when this hit?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow This Is Really Sad!
I Didn't Know Cyclones Were So Bad.
That Had To Have Been Terrible!
It's Too Bad They Couldn't Warn Everyone Sooner.

-Courtney Rees

Anonymous said...

This is really bad and I feel sorry for the victims of this terrible tragedy.

Regan

Anonymous said...

I think that cyclones are relly bad. I bet that the people did not like that.
Brandon Epley