Sunday, November 25, 2007

In Between Holidays


Thanksgiving is over and I am glad to be back writing. I had a good Thanksgiving over at my parents house and I didn't over eat...amazing! My wife and I braved "Black Friday" and I have to say that it was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Of course, we did not do the the whole 5 a.m. psycho shopping, but we still went. We went to Walmart in Pekin, IL and Best Buy and a mall in Peoria, IL. We got most of our Christmas shopping done! We were at my parents Thursday, Friday, and part of Saturday. It was nice to get home on Saturday. Today was a lazy Sunday and I didn't get much accomplished, but isn't that what Sunday's are for? Good news and bad news from the sports front: The Packers won-BAD, The Chiefs lost- WORSE, LSU was upset-GREAT GAME!, Missouri crushed Kansas-BAD, my Fightin' Irish football season is over- GOOD, my Dukies are 6-0-GREAT!

Christmas is now in the air and I am getting primed for the Christmas season. Christmas has always been my favorite time of the year and enjoy pretty much everything about it. Seeing the kid's eyes light up on Christmas morning is just too exciting to explain. I hope it snows on Christmas, or around Christmas. It seems to make the season a little more magical. My belief in snowfall is that it can snow as much as it wants up until Christmas and then I don't want it to snow anymore after that. It doesn't happen that way but that is the way I would like it.

Due to some health issues I will be missing some time at school. I will also be attending a workshop on Tuesday. It is on podcast training. It should be a great tool to teach with. I just wanted to let you know in case I don't stay up to date on my blog. I will try though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.c,
'Sup. Glad you didn't over-eat; I guess I screwed that part up but,hey, I can't get grounded for that! How was the workshop? Good? Good! Glad you brought up podcasts. I've been wondering, what format do I save a podcast if I've just recorded it to my computer. I've tried Mp3 and WAV, but I don't know what else to try for fear of completely messing up the computer. Maybe my computer is just defective or something. Any Ideas?

~*Kellie M.*~

Shaun Carey said...

Kellie,

I will let you know more when I learn more about it. I am in the middle of figuring this stuff out using Windows.

Anonymous said...

Mr.C me and my aunt went on Black friday and Oh My God it was so crazy. People are so ruded like one person shoved me into a shelf! But that was last year, I was in Springfeild on Thanksgiving and my older half-brother was going to every store looking for a WII for me and like every store was sold out! I am so glad my Mom didn't make me go shoping on that Friday. I can't wait till Christmas because that means NO SCHOOL!!!!! YEAH! You get to spend time with your family and get awsome gifts