Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Midterms Already!


The longer I teach the faster the school years go. It seems like yesterday when I was talking about my classroom rules and what kind of things we were going to be doing in class this year. Midterms are this Thursday! In a little over a month we will be celebrating Halloween which, for me, symbolizes the start of the holiday season. We always have Parent/Teacher conferences around Halloween, which is a busy time. The time flies two-fold around the holidays. Not only are you extremely busy at school but there always seems to be something to occupy your time, besides routine items. Holiday parties, holiday programs, getting together with all of the parts of your family are just some of the social events that make holiday time fly by.

The school year is going great so far. The kids are working hard and have finally established a routine (KNOCK ON WOOD). I have a great bunch of kids in junior high this year. I think when things are going well it also puts the time in overdrive. My kids are doing well in school and seem to be enjoying it. I hope we all continue to smile throughout the year. I always have to remind myself to slow down and take time to enjoy the kids.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

With you being a science teacher, would you know if there are any astronomy classes around, or any "Star Viewing" events anywhere locally? They used to have some sort of observatory/viweing area aroung the HWY 96 & I-72 area, but I don't think they are still doing anything like that now. Any info, and thanks!

Shaun Carey said...

I have not seen any posted lately. A couple of years ago I took my son to a "star viewing" event in Moorman Park. I think it was put on by the park district. It was in October. I will keep my eyes (and ears) open and will post if I get anything.

Anonymous said...

i kind of hate-like midterms because of what my parents will say...all in all,though, i can always try for better grades..

Anonymous said...

Aww Mr. C loves us!!! lol jp. Your class is one of my fave(and best). Your one of my favorite teachers because your so organised and ready for class everyday. I may get called a suck up if anyone else reads this but oh well. Just wanted to let you know how much I love ur class. Science has always been one of my fave subjects. Thanks for beeing a great teacher Mr. C
-*SaRaH* 8th grade

Anonymous said...

the mid-terms page is great because it tells you all about when mid-terms is and gives great info.

Anonymous said...

I believe that it is kind of the same for students because the longer we go to school the years seem even shorter.

Harlee Flesner

Anonymous said...

Mr.C
I totally agree with you on how fast the school year goes.Except with me it is how long i have been in school.


Serenity Neese

Anonymous said...

I know the year flew by.Mr.Carey you really pile on the homework. I'm in your sixth hour class another test are you serious.




_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Harlee, Serenity, and Mr. Carey. I mean the school year is going by fast already. Like what Harlee said every year I start a new school year I feel the same way she does, they go by so fast. Also what Serenity and Mr. Carey said I mean it seems like just yesterday I was starting school . Now I'm in 7th grade! I have made it a long way in school and every new school year seems to get shorter every year.

Kaytlynn Shepard

Anonymous said...

Mc. C,
i really do not like school at all but with you as a teacher and all of my sports make it better. I am not a big fan of people telling me what to do, doing the same things daily, then doing homework. I just dont see in fun or a life in that. Did you actually like school growing up?
Kelsie