Sunday, September 30, 2007

Blogging


This is kind of funny. I am posting on my blog about blogs! I just wanted to see how all of you students have liked commenting on my posts so far. Evidently those of you that have commented must like it because most of you commented on more than one post, even though you did not have to. I hope you can see what kind of "conversations" we can get stirred up using this kind of communication. I am rather impressed with some of your thought processes!

A couple of reminders: 1) Please remember to sign you name (first and last, first initial and last name, or first name and last initial) and 2) Please proofread your comments before you post.

"Web logs, or "blogs," are personal, online journals - and one of the fastest growing trends on the Internet."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Carey you were right this is something I could do on regular basia what I mean by that is this was a good idea for you to have us do I really liked the one about finding new species. Roman Volk
10-1-07

Shaun Carey said...

I am glad you are enjoying it.

mello.yello13 said...

I like blogs. It lets you state your opinion and not get into trouble. Unles it is absolutly bad.

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is awesome Mr Carey because you come up with a lot of good blogs about really good issues and problems in the world. Along with the problems you blog about there are ones that are positive on the world. It's a good idea to get all of your students involved with blogging. I hope more towards the end of the year you can show us how to make our own blogs.
~*SaRaH* 8th grade

Shaun Carey said...

Sarah,

I just hope everyone stays interested. If we can all stay on the same page I will definitely show you guys how to start your own blog.

Anonymous said...

Mr.Carey your blog is so funny. I hope I ace the test tomorrow. I am going to study like crazy tonight. See you tomorrow!*****

*Kaleen Lay*

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carey,
I think that your blog is great. You are the only teacher that is really making an effort to have more interesting and inovative ways of teaching and doing homework. I am glad that you are not sticking to the old ways of teaching, but keeping up with technology. It kills me to say it, but you are probably my favorite teacher because you dont use the old, outdated ways of teaching.
-Catherine

Anonymous said...

I love to blog because you can tell people how you feel about the topic and read about how others feel. Oh, and Mr.C, what was the name of that site that you have on the board for our science progect? I wrote it on my arm but it came off. LOL

-Austin Brinkman

Shaun Carey said...

Austin,

The site is sciencedaily.com. Next time use some paper! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mr.C!

-Austin Brinkman

Anonymous said...

kxMr. Carey,
I love ur blog its so cool, I am so making my own! And lol Austin I agree with Mr. Carey use paper next time. :D
-Rebecca Black