Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Day to Remember


I heard on CNN this morning that some schools and institutions, and even New York City, are trying to "move on" and "get over" what happened September 11, 2001. I think this is a mistake. We should always remember and always put time aside on this day to reflect on how our country changed in just that one day. In my opinion, there is not one place in the United States that was not changed after the events of 9/11.

They feeling of being safe and free in our country is something of a good memory. Think about it. Transportation safety before 9/11...transportation safety after 9/11. The freedom of going somewhere on a plane by just buying a ticket and getting on a plane is over. The feeling that our government and country can't be touched is over. I think that most people have that feeling that they have to keep looking over their shoulder to make sure everything is going to be o.k.

Keep this day in your mind and hearts. Understand that we are not indestructible!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Carey after reading the first sentence in this post I just had to comment on this, and I am agreeing with you. No one in the U.S. can't forget about September 11. You just can't forget about a day that your country has been attack when they were caught off guard. If you try to forget about this you won't be able too because you care for your country to much.When that happened it was just a ordinary day and every day is a ordinay day.It could happen again, let's just pray to god it won't happen again.

By: Tyler Shelton

Anonymous said...

United we stand.
FOREVER

MICHAEL SPRAGUE 7TH GRADE

Shaun Carey said...

Tyler,

Thoughtful comments!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carey,
I agree with you that people should keep 911 in mind, but I don't think they should go crazy about it. I know that a lot of people were killed and hurt during 911 and I'm sad it happened too, but I think that people need to keep praying that it doesn't happen again, and at the same time need to live there lives the same as any other way.

By: Brett Benham