Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Indonesian Earthquake



Living in the midwest all my life I can't imagine what an earthquake would feel like. I don't think we get a true picture of the terror these natural disasters release in the videos and pictures we see on TV. It is kind of surreal, or movie like. As we all know from the news stories these catastrophes are real and can create mass destruction. The latest of these earthquakes happened this morning.

This earthquake happened near Indonesia. It was an 8.4 magnitude earthquake and a Tsunami warning was issued. It killed nine people and shook buildings hundreds of miles away! I know that we have our own share of natural disasters around here, floods and tornadoes, but to me earthquakes of this size seem to be on a different level. I don't know, maybe it just seems that way since I (we) have not experienced an earthquake of this magnitude.

2 comments:

Shaun Carey said...

UPDATE: 3 quakes in less than 24 hours! Holy cow! 7.8, 6.2, and 8.4 were the magnitude of these quakes. Unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Wow your right Mr. C thats some bad quakes i feel bad for the people
By:Alex Zanger