Monday, March 10, 2008

One of Those Days


Today I had a bad day. That is very unusual for me. I think part of it is the time of the year and part of it is what occurred during the day. Problems with coworkers and a lot of things on my plate also contributed to my day of being in poor humor. I told myself when I got home that I have to get out of this funk! I have made up my mind that "you can't please everyone all the time" and that I am not going to let other people determine what my mood is going to be for the day. That's ridiculous! I am in charge of my attitude, not other people. If they want to complain and whine about everything then I will let them but I will smile and walk on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you really think your students need to read that you and your fellow teachers are having problems?

Shaun Carey said...

I thought that comment might stir up some conversation. The answer to your question is yes, I think it is very important that students understand that, as a grown up, sometimes you have problems with people you work with. The important thing for them to understand is that we find a way to deal with these problems in a positive manner. Hopefully they will take away from this another lesson learned. Everyone has problems in their occupation, and bad days, but I think it is important that kids understand that life is not all roses! I didn't mention names, or even what the problems were, so I don't see the harm in students understanding that all of us have problems to deal with.