Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Getting Away

Tomorrow I will be on my way to my brother's in Normal, IL. He is single and I don't get to see just him very often. Our visits usually include my mom, dad, wife, and kids. It will be nice to see him since I haven't seen him since Christmas. We always have a good time when we get together. It, of course, has not always been that way. When we were in school and living under the same roof I would have to say we did not like each other very much. We spent a lot of time bickering and fighting about the usual "sibling" things. When I went off to college the time away from each other did us a world of good. Whenever I was back for a break we always took the time to do something together. We didn't let the little things bother us anymore and realized that we were two entirely different people. He is very quiet and keeps to himself a lot. Myself, on the other hand, am outgoing and I really need to socialize with people (as most of my students and friends know!). I will get to spend a couple of days with my bro' and then we are going to my mom and dad's for Easter. It will be weird without the kids for those days but it should be a good stress reliever.

No comments: