Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gender Equity

VOLLEYBALL?
I don't know who, or what, I am disappointed with but I am disappointed with someone, or something. Many times our girl's sports teams do as well as, or better than, our boy's sports teams and they do not get the same recognition. The girls work just as hard and deserve the same attention as our boy's teams (By the way, I have coached both!). Our 8th grade girls volleyball team is playing for the regional championship tonight! Was it announced this morning? No. Was there a pep bus lined up to go support these girls? No. We need to do what is right and support all students equally! Some people say "Payson is a basketball town!". I say "Whooptee"! Does that make it right? NO! I will be there tonight and I hope the majority of our community that clings to basketball regional championships comes and supports our girls and their dreams.

No comments: