Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Party


My family and I hosted a Halloween party yesterday. It was a lot of work but it was well worth it. I think there were, at last count, 19 kids at the party. The majority were between 1 and 6 years old. They had some great costumes and were all very excited. We had grilled hot dogs, chips, and tons of kid's snacks. We had pink lemonade, cold apple cider, and hot apple cider to drink. We played the "mummy" wrap game (wrapping a person up in toilet paper) and bobbing for apples. It was some great cheap entertainment watching the young ones bob for apples for the first time! It was rather chilly so we did the bobbing in the garage. Believe it or not, most of the kids were successful in getting an apple. We had two fires going in the backyard and plenty of good conversation going among the adults. In between eating and the games, the kids played tag and hide-n-seek. The full moon added to the ambiance of the night. Those kind of nights are what memories, and being kids, are all about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really thought that the HAlloween party sound really fun & interising to me that is any way.Did you have the party

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a good time at the halloween party.I think it is very cute when little kids having fun.Of curse I would join in in the playing but you know im just like a little kid but just in the 8th grade.

T.Veach

Shaun Carey said...

Melissa,

As I said in the post, my family and I did have the party.