Monday, October 22, 2007

Halloween in Full Force


My family and I went to a Halloween party this weekend in rural Missouri. The temperature was great, especially with a roaring fire. The moon was bright, which added to the atmosphere. I bet there were 30 or so kids there and they were all cranked up on sugar and the party atmosphere. The food was excellent and included hot dogs (of course), made-rights, chips, cookies, pies, cakes, etc. This was the first time my kids got to experience a "country" Halloween party with all the trimmings. The hay-rack ride was the highlight of the night! They had a "not-scary" one for the little ones and a "scary" one for the older kids. My son would have ridden it over and over. I got a chance to talk to some "old-timers" and thoroughly enjoyed their conversation. To me, this is what holidays are all about...friends, good conversation, and the chance to see your kids enjoy themselves on a new level.

Have a great Halloween and be safe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought that those test was a waste! we barely are in the school year and they are already testing us! some stuff we werent even on. Also we only had like two days to try to get all of the 9 or 10 tests done I think. Plus us kid's brains were fried after all of them. Why did they do it so soon in the year? How come they only gave us 2 days to get the test done instead of like 3 or 4 like what we normally do?
Erin Smith 8th Grade