Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lock Down



My son and daughter got to experience their first, and hopefully last, lock down at school yesterday. My little one didn't have much to say about it and it didn't seem to bother her. I think maybe she is too little to understand what a lock down actually means. My son thought it was cool and exciting of course. My wife and I were alarmed. I can't say that I was scared for my kids. They were in good hands. My son asked a few "what if" questions but for the most part seemed to feel safe in the school. I think it was handled well by the St. Francis staff and I commend them for their efforts.

1 comment:

Wm Chamberlain said...

I know how you feel, my oldest daughter had a bomb threat called in at her high school. They caught the girl, turns out she was a friend of my daughter. She just wanted the day off to spend with her boyfriend.

We live in sad times.