Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ozzfest Tickets for Free!


The whole concept of free concert tickets during this day and age is definitely worth talking about. I do have several questions about this process though. Is anybody making money on this project (other than merchandise)? This would include, of course, the bands and the Osbornes. I know the tickets have something to do with sponsors but how is that going to work? Are the tickets going to be hard to get? What I mean by that is are you going to have to go to link after link or take a survey or two? If that is the case I would rather just buy the tickets. Are the merchandise prices going to go up? If you have ever been to a concert you know that this is almost inconceivable! Are food and drink going to be more expensive? Again, if you have ever been to a concert, this would be almost unbearable! I have been to nine Ozzfests and have had an unbelievable time. I do not want to see a good thing go bad with changes in all prices with the exception of getting the tickets for free. I am torn. I think this is a great marketing ploy and great for young, first time concert goers that might not ever get this chance again. For veteran concert goers that already have this budgeted, it might be an extremely big pain in the neck! I will be interested to see how this all pans out. Ozzfest

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carey,
As interesting as this is, I still donnot understand the whole concept of going to Ozzfest. I personally find it fascinating that people are this interested in going to a concert put on by the Osbornes, but if I did care, I would think that you would be better off buying tickets, why make such a hasel out of something you really want to enjoy.
-Catherine

Shaun Carey said...

As I said in the blog, the only benefit of this is if you might be going to this as a "once in a life time" thing and/or this would be your first concert. I would imagine that a lot of parents would not want to pay for these tickets for their kids, and some kids can't afford them. This would be the perfect opportunity for them to have a chance of seeing live bands that might have a large impact on their life.

Anonymous said...

If the tickets are free that means that people will just go to say to there friends"Yea I went to Ozz Fest and loved it" and they most likly dont like Ozzy or any of the music they played!




By:Alex Zanger