Tuesday, May 20, 2008

To The Payson Seymour 8th Graders


This blog post is for my 8th graders. This year is a little different than most in that I am usually am saying goodbye to my 8th graders because I usually don't have my 8th grade students again when they go on to high school. They have other teachers. Because of schedule changes I will most likely have most of my current 8th graders as 9th grade students next year. I am excited about it! I have had a lot of fun with this class and look forward to working with them next year. Next year is when it all starts...grades start to "really" count and you, as students, will become busier than ever!

I just have a few tidbits of advice to pass on. First, don't let anybody tell you you can't be something! If you work hard and stay focused you can be anything you want. I am not saying that it won't be difficult at times but it will be worth it in the end. Second, and this sounds kind of corny, always try to do your best! I know that sounds weird but you will be amazed how much better you feel about yourself if you always try to do your best at whatever you do. Third, always try to do the right thing. I say "try" because we all make mistakes and that is how we learn. If you stop and think about the situation , instead of just doing whatever, you will stand a better chance at doing the right thing. And finally, enjoy life! Don't take life to seriously. You can follow the first three bits of advice and still have a blast! Life is too short to not enjoy it.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Thanks for a great year. We had a lot of fun and even though I hate to admitt it, I am glad that I will have you next year for science. Have a great summer.

Kellie Mast said...

I might just cry...wait...nope...I'm okay. Ha! Yeah you haven't gotten away from us yet. we'll be back! oh, hey, thanks for the heads-up on the grades thing. I am sooo not ALREADY stressed about this year!

Thanks for the advice,
~*Kellie Mast*~