Friday, May 9, 2008

Michelle Obama


I like Barack Obama. I wouldn't consider myself a "supporter" but I do like some of his ideas, his personality and his "down to earth" attitude have kind of won me over.

His wife on the other hand has not made me a fan. I didn't know her feelings until I was out running errands and turned on some talk radio to pass the time. Segments of a recent speech she made were the topic of conversation. She doesn't have anything positive to say about America. She says that everyone is struggling and no one is given a chance in this country. This coming from the wife of the first black American to make a serious run at the Presidency? To me, that is what America is about! People getting chances because of their work ethic and values is what America is about. Don't get me wrong, I know that some things need to change but don't tell me that our country in not the land of opportunity anymore!

No comments: