Friday, May 9, 2008

Gas Prices


I know this has been a big topic in blogging and the news lately but I just wanted to get my 2 cents worth in. These gas prices remind me of the 70's when my parents went through something of the same nature. I'm not sure if it was the price or what it was but I do remember a time in the 70's where there was a heightened alert on gas availability. I would have been under ten and I am sure that it didn't interest me that much at the time. These gas prices do have me worried. I don't know how any American is going to be able to continue on their current course of saving, or in some cases spending, with gases prices raising as they are. My wife and I have already had to make some adjustments to our first real vacation which we are taking this summer. It just makes me cringe every time I fill up at the pump! I don't see any relief in site unless the tax cut for the summer months is okd. Even if that happens what is going to keep the gas companies from jacking the prices up to make the difference?

No comments: