Tuesday, August 21, 2007

And We're Off!



Here it comes! School starts tomorrow. It's time for homework, quizzes, tests, practice, games, and just being extremely busy in general. I'm ready, and I hope you're ready! I hope my students make me think as much as much as hope to make them think. I hope I learn as much as much as I hope to teach. All the things that kids do now days is unbelievable! They seem to play in every sport, are involved in every club, keep up on homework and class stuff, and still make time for friends. Kids are amazing and sure keep me feeling young.

Pay attention to how fast the year goes as soon Halloween rolls around. It seems the holidays make the year zoom by. Christmas (and the end of the first semester) will be here before you know it! Work hard but don't forget to take time to smile everyday.

No matter how bad you think your day is going I guarantee someone else is having a worse day. Life is too short to be serious, and/or grouchy, all the time! How will you choose to get up every morning? Will you dread going to school or will you embrace it and get as much as you can out of it and have a few laughs while doing so? Will you gripe about practices (and maybe even games) even though their are some kids in the world that don't ever get the opportunity to play sports? Will you complain about homework and tests or will you realize that not all kids in this world have an opportunity to get an education and that this will make you a better person? My personal philosophy is this: How well your day goes is 99% mental. In other words if you wake up thinking you are going to have a bad day then you probably will. On the other hand, if you wake up and say "Bring it on!" and choose to have a good attitude, you will have a good day. Another thing I have learned it this: If you make a mistake or bad decision fess up and take responsibility for your actions. Don't blame someone else or pass the buck. You will end up getting much more respect if you acknowledge your mistakes. Everyone makes them, but not everyone takes responsibility for them. I hope these tips help you in having a successful school year.

Good luck and best wishes for 2007-2008!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carey,
I guess I will start reading your blog more frequently now that school has started. I am so glad school did finally start and I hope we have a really great year!
-Catherine

Shaun Carey said...

Catherine,

We will have a great year. It seems to be off to a good start.

Mr. C

Shaun Carey said...

Catherine,

By the way, the post (comment) I was telling you about today was in "The Home Run Chase", so read the comments and see if you can answer it.

Mr. C

Anonymous said...

do u think micheal vick will get to play when he gets back out of jail?