Monday, July 14, 2008

Enough Brett Favre!


Let me start off by saying I am not a Packer fan. Although I have trouble admitting it the last couple of years, I am a Chiefs fan. My dad is a Packer fan and has been all his life. He loves Brett Favre. I do like Favre's heart and will to win but this whole coming out of retirement thing is driving me nuts! I can't even turn on ESPN to get the scores without something about the "old man" coming up! Yes he will be in the Hall of Fame. Yes he was one of the best. Yes he probably still has game left in him. No it is not right to hold Aaron Rodgers back another year. He has done his time and I would bet he has learned more from Favre in the last few years than most quarterbacks do in their entire career. If Brett does want to play then the Packers should release him and let him do his thing. Start a new run with Rodgers! If I was a Packer fan it would be hard to see Brett go but I would not want to see him deteriorate in front of me and go out in a bad way. I would want to remember him the way he was when he was winning and doing all the things that we liked watching Brett Favre do, eluding the rush and using the cannon he has! Out of respect I would like to wish Brett Favre all the best in whatever he does. He deserves the best for what he did for the game of football. (I can't believe I just said that. I hope my dad doesn't read this!)

No comments: