Monday, July 7, 2008

A Visit From Mom



My mom got here today to visit for a few days. It has been awhile since she has been here. We just did a couple of things today because of the heat. We got Jimmy John's and took it to the park for a picnic. The kids weren't really in the mood to play. They said it was too hot. I didn't think it was too bad in the shade with the breeze blowing. After we left the park we ran a few errands and I took my mom across the bridge to show her where the flood waters had been. Tomorrow we are going to the farmer's market and then taking a trip to a pond to do a little fishing before the rain hits. I do have a meeting tomorrow night but my wife and kids are going to entertain Grandma. I don't know what they are going to do but I am positive it will be more exciting than a meeting. We don't have much planned for Wednesday but I think my son is going back home with Grandma to spend a few days in my home town. My daughter can't wait for her turn. It is still 86 outside and it is 10 pm! Unbelievable!

No comments: