Sunday, February 3, 2008

Winners

Our 8th grade boy's basketball team won the Regional Title last night. Whenever the boys get close to the regional championship it brings back some good memories of when I was in junior high. When I was in 7th grade we went to state in basketball. These are some of the best memories of my junior high career. I had one of the best coaches I have ever known during those years. When we went to state we had two classes base on height and weight (Classes A and B). Class A was for the taller and heavier kids and class B was for the smaller and lighter kids. It did not matter what grade you were in. I still remember my small town sending us off to state and the long car caravan that followed the bus to the state tournament. We placed fourth. My brother's team went to state when I was a freshman. If I remember right they got second place. There is nothing like a sports team going to state in a small town to bring the community together.

I would like to wish the boys the best of luck in sectionals and hopefully I will posting a blog about our trip to the state tournament! I will be there supporting you on Wednesday even though my Duke Blue Devils are playing NC that night. I will have to be checking their score on my phone I guess.

No comments: