Friday, February 8, 2008

Update on Sectional Championship


We came out a little flat but I think overall we played a pretty good game. Carthage just had too many weapons. Our defense was pretty good but we had a little trouble handling some full court pressure from the offensive side. I was proud of the boys. They played hard and never gave up. I think we were down 11 at the half and we really stepped up in the 3rd quarter. We held Carthage to 1 point! We brought the score to within 1. The 3rd quarter really juiced us and we had trouble keeping the same intensity in the 4th. The reason I am most proud of the boys is that not one of them came to me and said that "the refs cost us the game". I heard that they had said that to a couple of other teachers but not one laid that excuse on me. I am glad. I did not want the large amount of respect they earned from me the night before to be tarnished by excuses. YOU BOYS HAD A GREAT RUN AND YOU ARE AN EXCELLENT TEAM!

No comments: