Friday, July 20, 2007

The School Itch


Well, I'm itchy again! It is that time of summer when my body starts to tell me to get my mind, and body, back into school form. It is time to start getting a routine going. It is time to start the beginning of the school year prep. It is time to get those Powerpoints done for my new class. It is time to get all the summer projects wrapped up. Before you know it it will be the final blowout of the summer. In my case it is the KC BBQ. This is a last chance to get together with friends and cut loose one more time before the school year kicks off.

You might say, "It is only the third week in July!". You are correct! I am, as accused by my students, my wife, and my co-workers, a neat freak, an over organized organizer. It did not take me long in my teaching career to figure out that the sooner you get stuff done the more time you have to handle surprises. Believe me, in teaching, every year there are surprises! This will be my 16th year teaching. I know, I am old. There is just something about knowing you are completely ready for that first day of school. The first few days are less stressful. I feel more at ease. The students feel more at ease. EVERYONE is more at ease! So I am guilty as accused! I am organized, motivated, and ready for the 2007-2008 school year to begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Carey,
I Know alot of people stress out over having to go back to school. Then again, some people just want to go back 1 day after school gets out. Sometimes, for us kids, we just get up, go to school, think, hang out with friends, think some more, and come home and fall asleep on the couch. For others of us, it's all more beneficial. However we look at it, we all have to got to school at some point so we should stop complaining about school starting, give it our best shot, and before we know it, it will be summer vacation, again! Summer is almost over, so I don't have a choice, anyway. I'm just glad That I get to see my friends from school again and I won't be bored as much.

~Kellie