Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Order of the Phoenix



I am a big Harry Potter fan and can't wait to see the new movie"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I have loved every one of the movies and have them all in my collection. I think there is something about these movies that takes you back to when you were a kid and didn't know (or at least you weren't sure) that wizards and witches did not exist in this capacity. I think the casting in these movies was right on! It is kind of a shame to see these kids grow up. It will also be sad to see the series end.

How popular is Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliffe)? He is going to be on Larry King Live tonight at 8 p.m. central! JK Rowling (author of Harry Potter Series) is also estimated to be worth $1 billion dollars!

Who knows maybe she will come up with another unforgettable story!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boys have grown up with Harry Potter. They love the books and movies also. This week Janet and my two oldest boys went to the IMAX at Navy Pier in Chicago to see the movie. This was just the prelim to the release of “Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows” on July 21st. They have been planning a trip to London since the last book was released. They leave on the 19th for London in a quest to be one of the first in the world to have the book and not have the ending ruined for them. They are currently in a lottery to get a chance to be with J.K. Rowling on the night of the release and already have reservations to Waterstone's in Piccadilly section of London. Waterstone's in Piccadilly is the largest book store in all of Europe. I wouldn’t know that because I have only seen London from Heathrow airport, London underground via the tube, and a train station on the outskirts of town on my way to Oxford. I then had the reverse experience on my way to Paris through the Chunnel. Your students may be interested in reading about the London Tube, Chunnel, and city sections of London.

Anyway, Waterstone’s is having a large party for the release of the book. I hope my family enjoys the experience, at least this year I won’t be driving the trio a mid night book releases like I have many times in the past. I guess this year is up to Virgin Airlines. This just goes to show you fans will go to any lengths to be first in line to get their hands on the last book. Even fly to London where its 6 hours earlier than in the United States.

Shaun Carey said...

That is so cool Ironman! Good luck to your family in the lottery. I hope to see London someday. There is so much history and lore associated with London.

Anonymous said...

Mr.Carey,
It is probably not a surprise to see that I am commenting on this page. I am a big fan of Harry Potter, too. I can't believe that the outstanding books and films are nearing the end, but I'm sure that the world will never forget the "famous Harry Potter"!!! Thank You for posting an article on Harry Potter. finally, something I understand to the full extent!

~*Kellie*~