Monday, November 10, 2008

And It Begins


The cold weather kind of snuck up on me this year. I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to "smell the roses". As I look out the window today I see the end of another growing season. In a two day period the beautiful trees that were just outside my school windows have been reduced to barren land-like trees. We have been so lucky with the weather so far that when the November-like weather did hit I think it took us all by suprise. The November clouds have rolled in and have covered us in that familiar early holiday feel. I can practically smell the pumpkin pie when I look out at the leafless trees and dying grass. I hope that you are not getting the wrong impression. I love this time of year. Walks outside are one of my favorite things to do this time of year. The smell of decaying leaves is heavenly to me. It reminds me of growing up and playing outside in the fall. In a couple of weeks Thanksgiving will be here and the holiday season will be in full swing. Don't get so busy that you forget to enjoy the small things like watching a holiday show with your kids, cooking with your kids, reading a book with your kids, having a good talk with your wife with a cup of coffee, and laughing as silly things with your family. These are the things that make life worth living.

No comments: