Thursday, June 21, 2007

Family Vacation


My family and I just got back from a mini family vacation. It was a blast! We went to Fun City in Burlington, IA. We went for three days and two nights. They had a ton of stuff to do and it is only about two hours from Quincy, IL. Our family's favorite activity was the go-carts. They were electric and I was thinking "they can't be that fast"; wrong. They go up to 35 mph. Not too bad. They had and indoor and outdoor water park that included some killer water slides. They had bowling. They had a great arcade that had many virtual rides. My son and I went on a virtual roller coaster that was called the Haunted Mine. The seats moved and it was 3d. My son got to drive a Dale Jr. replica car and really started to get the hang of it. They had a great free breakfast for all the guests. It consisted of french toast sticks, eggs, bagels, toast, yogurt, OJ, cereal, and milk one day and hash browns, eggs, bagels, toast, yogurt, OJ, cereal, and milk the next. The rooms were clean and included a mini fridge and a microwave. The motel was fairly priced and included the price to get into the water parks. We were all wiped out by the end of the three days. My kids slept twelve hours last night! I would recommend Fun City to anybody that loves water parks and a good priced get-away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll b the first one to coment. I think that family vacations are fun, they take your mind off things you may be worried or sad about, or maby you want time from the kids(for the adults)




By:Alex Zanger