Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another Tragedy



First, let me tell you that I am currently not a pro wrestling fan. I used to be when I was younger. I did know of Chris Benoit. In my opinion, he was a very entertaining wrestler. What happened in his house on June25th is very weird and I am not sure if authorities will ever be able to tell what exactly happened over that previous weekend. All that is known is that three people are dead. Chris was found downstairs hanging by a pulley. His son (Daniel), 7, was found in his bed and it seems that he was choked to death. His wife, Nancy, was found upstairs in the family room with her feet and wrists bounds and there was blood underneath her head. Could steroids have been the cause of this gruesome crime? It is being considered. Could something else have triggered this?

Once again, the saddest part of this story is another child not getting to enjoy growing up. Another child won't get to know what it feels like to drive for the first time with his new license. He won't get to have that feeling you get when you have your first kiss, your first best friend, your senior prom, the day you get married, or the day your children are born. What could possibly be so wrong that death is the only solution that you can think of? I will never understand crimes like this! No child deserves to die like this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carey,
I think that this story is extremely heartbreaking because the innocent child and his wife did nothing but end up in the wrong place with the wrong person. The child and wife had no way to defend themselves.
I think looking to steroids for an explanation of this awful murder is very logical. The misue of steroids has previously been linked to aggressive behavior as well as depression. This man may have suffered severe problems long before he murdered his family. He probably had all of his issues bottled up inside him and something that someone or something did must have triggered his violent act. Irregardless of the cause of the murder, it is a very sad story.

By the way, I found another typo.
"they day you get married"
Don't you proofread the blog before you post it or do you enjoy me criticizing you on your lack of spelling or typing skills.
-Catherine

Shaun Carey said...

There are some new developments in this case. Check this article out that my wife found. Go to people.com and it's on the home page. If you are reading this later do a search on the the people site. It is very interesting.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carey I think this is a great blog, well not because of the killings but i love to watch wrestling and i loved Chris Benoit but I dont understand why he would go out and kill hid son and wife. He could of went out and kill someone else instead of his son, and wife. I think steriods is a cause of this, because why would Chris just go out and kill to people that he loves.



-Dallas Cookson