Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blagojevich


As most of you know that read my blog I am not into politics. I am, however, into discussing injustice and misuse of power. Rod Blagojevich makes me sick! How he ever got elected is beyond me. I guess if you can carry Chicago then you are destined to be elected. First he refuses to move to Springfield and rumors of his lack of integrity run wild. Now, of course, he is in the middle of one of the biggest political blunders ever! I mean seriously, who in their right mind would think they could get away with selling a senate seat? Is he that naive or is he so impressed with his own political power that he thinks he is above the law? Either way it does not bode well for the state of Illinois. We need to clean house and get all of the political garbage in Springfield! I, for one, am not proud of saying I am from Illinois today. One of my friends today said she heard on the news that we are one of the top, if not the top, corrupt states in the nation! Aren't you excited to call yourself an Illinoisan? I would love to hear something positive about Illinois government. When kids hear about all the corruption and misuse of power in the state of Illinois in the backs of their minds they have to be saying "If they can do it then why can't I?" CLEAN UP YOUR ACT SPRINGFIELD! DON'T YOU WANT TO HAVE KIDS SAYING THAT THEY WANT TO GROW UP TO BE SO-AND-SO BECAUSE THEY ARE A GOOD MAN AND DO THE RIGHT THINGS?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.
-Luke

Unknown said...

hey i think that u know how to make werid things funny things . i think u are a funny teacher u ROCK SCIENCE - aaron

Anonymous said...

right on mr carey he was so stupid to do that,like the pic

Anonymous said...

Haha Funny:)

-Alex

alainacook said...

That is very correct!!!!!!!!!

Alaina

Unknown said...

I agree with you!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

Anonymous said...

That is so true!!
Kayla

Anonymous said...

That is so true! He needs 2 get out of office!!
~Kayla~

Unknown said...

I completely agree, I don't even understand why anybody in the world would want him as a govenor. He makes Illinois look bad!!!

Unknown said...

I very much agree!!!! Also, that picture you have on your computer is hilarious..maybe Blagojavich will think next time before he acts!! haha:)

Unknown said...

I very much agree!!!! Also, i think that picture you have on your computer is hilarious!! Maybe Blagojevich will think next time before he acts!!!!!
haha:)

Anonymous said...

Mr. C,

It's time for a kid from a small town to walk his way into Springfield. I'm so tempted to run. You know I have never given up that dream.

I’m so proud to live in Illinois. I was away for over 12 long years (1988 to 2000); it was time for this Illinois boy to come home. I know... I’m still 2.5 hours away from home, but god it still feels like home. I lived in Arizona, Colorado, and Texas. I can honestly say each state was beautiful in its own way, but Illinois is home.

Even with the corruption, the jokes of vote early and vote often…. No one from Illinois can be clean if they are part of the Chicago machine…. The state still has made a great contribution to the nation. Have your students look up Bob Michel, Lincoln, Reagan, Grant, Finely, and Big Jim Thompson.

Oh, I guess I have to mention Obama, Adlai E. Stevenson, and William Jennings Bryan (just because he was an alumnus)… Extra credit if one of your students knows what college William Jennings Bryan attended and the number of times he ran for president.....

Be proud to be an Illinoisan……

Ironman....