Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bail Out


Should we bail out the "Big 3"? That is an excellent question. I have heard both sides of the argument. I hear quite a bit "If I get in trouble the government doesn't bail me out!". Well no they don't but you are not responsible for thousands of jobs. I feel sorry for the hard laborers of these companies that are caught in the middle. That is about my only argument for the bail out. I think that the leaders of these companies have not handled money and devolpment well on their end and now they are paying for it. They do need to learn a lesson from this. The economy is in bad shape and we all are suffering which means we all have to make sacrifices. Taking a pay cut should just be the start for the leaders of these companies. I do agree with several senators that have stated that total restructuring needs to occur for something good to happen. It was nice to here the words "energy efficient cars" in the discussion of changes needing to be made. A "Car Czar" is another good idea but instead I think it needs to be a committee made of business leaders with different specialties. One person in charge of it all would be overwhelming and almost impossible. What are some of your ideas concerning the bail out?

No comments: